February 21st, 2013
Things to Do in Central Florida with Your Dog
With the weather beginning to warm, and days becoming longer, we start thinking of fun things to do in Central Florida with our dogs. Here are a few of our favorites, if you have any other suggestions, please let us know – post it on our facebook page (www.facebook.com/rrchfc)!
- Go for a stroll around downtown Winter Park, visit the dog friendly stores, and perhaps stop for a bite to eat or a glass of your favorite beverage (ours would be a glass of wine!) at one of the restaurants with outdoor seating.
- Have a leisurely early morning or late afternoon walk around Lake Eola.
- Visit the number of local farmer’s markets.
- Walk along the Cady Way Trail or the West Orange Trail.
- Investigate one or more of the various dog meetups.
- Take your dog on a road trip to Mt. Dora for the day.
- Take your dog hiking in Wekiwa Springs State Park.
- Look for dog friendly festivals and events.
- Take in Old Town in Kissimmee.
- Go to the beach at New Smyrna Dunes Dog Beach, or one of the other dog friendly beaches.
Whatever you choose to do with your dog, quality time is important. Enjoy your best friend, and have fun!